Saturday 2 March 2013

Roundhay Park, Leeds

On Thursday I went to Leeds to visit a friend of mine, Paul Gorny, who is also a keen photographer and has been working with me on a video project for the last 3 months. We managed to finish our video and began the export which can take quite a long time. To pass this time Paul showed me around Roundhay Park. It seems to have a bit of everything; woodland with some massive trees, lakes, streams and even a gorge. It reminded me a bit of Mote Park in Maidstone. There was certainly plenty of bird life around but they were difficult to spot as the trees were so tall. There was also plenty of snowdrops in places and even some early wild primroses. I expect Roundhay to be an excellent place to visit in a couple of months time once spring gets going especially for wild flower and insect photography. If you are visiting Leeds and you want to stroll around a good park then Roundhay is worth considering.

Snow drops (Galanthus nivalis) on the edge of some woodland in Roundhay Park, Leeds.
In the next few days I will be uploading the video Paul and I were working on entitled "In between Wood & Water". I will also be uploading a couple of other video projects that I have been working on as well. I will post the links on this Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment